NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE (EITHER AS NOMINATOR OR NOMINEE). VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on November 1, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on February 28, 2016. Access the www.NASCAR.com Website and follow the links and on-screen instructions; such instructions are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.
Nominate your hero for naming rights to the 2016 Crown Royal “Your Hero’s Name Here” 400 at the Brickyard race scheduled to be held at the Brickyard 400® in Indianapolis, IN by writing an essay in 100 words or less completing the question: “Describe a personal achievement, unselfish act, or honorable act that is worthy of a toast with Crown Royal?” (Every word including “a” and “the,” for example, count). Complete the form located on the Website entry page, and click the submit button. (Essay must be included in applicable field of entry form; if submitted otherwise, essay is void and will not be considered.) Your entry will automatically be submitted for entry into the contest. Nominate as many people as you wish but each entry must be materially different and transmitted separately, as well as conforming with the additional restrictions on entry set forth below. A confirmation page will appear thanking you for your submission but confirmation of receipt of submission does NOT constitute any representation by Sponsor as to eligibility of entry. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on February 28, 2016.
Sponsor may – but is in no way obligated to – offer other contests with the theme “Your Hero’s Name Here” contemporaneously with this Contest. Should Sponsor choose to proceed with such other contest(s): (a) the prize(s) in such other “Your Hero’s Name Here” contest(s) are NOT the same as those offered in this Contest; and (b) you may enter this Contest and/or the other “Your Hero’s Name Here” contest(s), as you prefer (i.e., entry in this Contest will NOT affect your ability to enter the other “Your Hero’s Name Here” contest(s) and vice-versa.)
Additional Restrictions on Entry: Each entry may only include a nomination for one (1) person. Do not submit more than one (1) nomination for the same person. Self-nominations are not allowed. Nomination must be solely the original work product of the nominator (i.e., the person submitting the nomination). Nomination must have been prepared specifically for this Contest; for the avoidance of doubt, nominations submitted for past years’ versions of the Contest are void and will not be considered. Nominator further represents and warrants that he/she has secured the express written consent of the nominee and that, to the best of nominator’s knowledge and belief, the actions of nominee as communicated in nomination are truthful and accurate. Nominator understands and agrees that Sponsor or its designee may require nominator to substantiate such consent and/or the truth of the actions of the nominee and if nominator fails to comply with this requirement (or if Sponsor and its designees determine in their sole discretion that the materials submitted by nominator fail to serve as adequate substantiation), the entry/nomination will be deemed void.
2. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) nominee selected as the Grand Prize Winner. Winner will receive an ultimate race experience at the 2016 Brickyard 400® at Indianapolis Motor Speedway®, in Indianapolis, IN for the winner and one (1) guest (21 or over) that may include some or all of the following in Sponsor’s sole discretion: Name identification with the 2016 Crown Royal “Your Hero’s Name Here” 400 at the Brickyard race (Example: “Crown Royal presents the Joe Smith 400 at The Brickyard®”), VIP pre-race tour (weather permitting), infield access, access to the Crown Royal luxury suite and RV during the race, access to Victory Lane at end of the race, Crown Royal racing souvenirs, round trip coach class air travel to the race city (i.e., Indianapolis) from the major airport closest to the winner’s residence, double occupancy room accommodations for winner and guest for four days/three nights, $500 spending money, ground transportation between destination airport/hotel and hotel/race track. All other expenses are winner’s sole responsibility. Actual value will depend on winner’s residence and seasonal rates. For the avoidance of doubt, guest need not be the individual who nominated Grand Prize Winner (i.e., the nominator). Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Sponsor reserves the right to offer ground transportation instead of air travel if winner lives within reasonable driving distance of race city, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should winner and/or guest (as applicable) fail to do so, prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest. Winner understands and agrees that name identification aspect of the Grand Prize has no retail value and, if it is not awarded for any reason, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to award of the remaining elements of the Grand Prize. Trip must be taken at time specified by Sponsor so as to attend the 2016 Brickyard 400® at Indianapolis Motor Speedway® (currently anticipated to be July 21 – July 24, 2016) or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate retail value: $7,500.00.
Four (4) Finalist Prizes will be awarded to the four (4) nominees selected as Finalists. (Grand Prize Winner will NOT also receive a Finalist Prize.) Finalists (also referred to in this section and elsewhere in these Official Rules as Finalist Prize Winner or, simply, winner) will each receive a trip for two (2) to the 2016 Brickyard 400® scheduled at Indianapolis Motor Speedway®, Indianapolis, IN, that may include some or all of the following in Sponsor’s sole discretion: two (2) tickets to the race, Crown Royal chalet access, infield access, VIP pre-race tour (weather permitting), round trip coach air travel to the race city (i.e., Indianapolis) from the major airport closest to winner’s residence, double occupancy room accommodations for winner and guest (21 or over) for three days/two nights, $500 spending money, and ground transportation between destination airport/hotel and hotel/race track. All other expenses are winner’s sole responsibility. Actual value will depend on winner’s residence and seasonal rates. For the avoidance of doubt, guest need not be the individual who nominated Finalist Prize Winner (i.e., the nominator). Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Sponsor reserves the right to offer ground transportation instead of air travel if winner lives within reasonable driving distance of race city, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should winner and/or guest (as applicable) fail to do so, prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest. Trip must be taken at time specified by Sponsor so as to attend the 2016 Brickyard 400® at Indianapolis Motor Speedway® (currently anticipated to be July 21 – July 24, 2016, subject to change based on scheduling) or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist Prize Winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate retail value per Finalist prize: $6,000.00.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $31,500.00.
3. Winner Determination: Entries will be judged equally on the basis of originality, relevance to Crown Royal product, appeal, clarity and appropriateness for use in publicity and advertising. Such judging will be conducted by an independent judging organization (also referred to as “Judges”) acting in concert with Sponsor, with the top five (5) entries advancing in the contest, with the winning nominees being either Finalists or the Grand Prize Winner. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to conduct a live interview with entrants (to the extent deemed necessary in Sponsor's sole discretion), either in person or by telephone, as part of the process of selecting the top five (5) entries to advance. If the Judges determine that there are not five (5) suitable entries based on the above criteria, Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than five (5) prizes, and the determination of the suitability of the entries is at the sole discretion of the independent judging organization and/or the Sponsor.
Finalists will be announced on or about March 28, 2016, by an independent judging organization whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this contest. Each finalist will be highlighted on NASCAR.com or a Crown Royal digital property (i.e. Facebook page, CrownRoyal.com, etc.) and consumers will have a chance to vote for their favorite entry at NASCAR.com. The independent judging organization, acting in concert with Sponsor, will determine in its sole discretion when Finalists will be announced and thereafter highlighted as set forth above. The independent judging organization/Sponsor will re-judge the Finalist entries (using the above-indicated criteria) also taking into account the number of consumer votes received by each Finalist entry. (Accordingly, the Finalist entry which was ranked highest in the initial round of judging and/or that receives the most consumer votes may not necessarily win the Grand Prize.) Consumers ages 21 or over may vote on-line once per day, via manual key-stroking. Any manipulation of the voting procedure (i.e., use of automated or programmed means of voting) will result in the invalidation of such “tainted” votes and Sponsor may take such other actions as it deems necessary in its sole discretion so as to maintain the integrity and legitimacy of the voting procedure.
The finalists will be notified by phone or mail, on or about March 7, 2016, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and (where lawful) a publicity release, within 2 days of notification (i.e., selection as one of the top five entries) or Finalist prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours, Finalist prize (i.e., selection as one of the top five entries) will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Trip winner’s guests must sign and return a liability/publicity release form prior to travel. Consumer voting will begin at 12:01:01 AM (EST) on March 28, 2016 and will end at 11:59:59 PM (EST) on June 9, 2016. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to announce the Grand Prize winner from the group of Finalists (i.e., the top five entries), in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor and/or independent judging organization.
Relative to the posting of Finalists’ materials for consumer voting, entrants agree that (a) Sponsor shall have no liability in conjunction with the posting of such materials, including but not limited to any programming, technological or electronic errors/failures/malfunctions in the posted materials, and Sponsor shall have no liability whatsoever as to materials highlighting any Finalists (with the understanding that Finalist shall not have any right of review or approval as to same, with the content of such materials highlighting a given Finalist being determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and owned in toto by Sponsor); (b) Finalists’ materials (including Sponsor's materials highlighting Finalists) may be posted in any order, sequence or pattern of Sponsor’s sole choosing, and such order/sequence/pattern may (or may not) be varied one or more times in Sponsor’s sole discretion. POSTED FINALIST MATERIALS REPRESENT SOLELY THE OPINIONS OF NOMINATOR/NOMINEE, NOT THOSE OF SPONSOR AND SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH. (The preceding excludes only those Finalist materials created by Sponsor.)
4. Contest Entries: All materials, documents, information and data submitted to the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, including the Contest entry and submission (collectively “Contest entry”) are the property of Sponsor. Contest entry must be original, not have been entered in any other contest, or violate the rights of other parties, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other parties. Contest entry may not, in the opinion of the Judges, and/or the Sponsor be obscene, provocative, lewd, libelous, reflect poorly on the Crown Royal brand or alcohol beverage consumption generally, or be otherwise inappropriate for use in advertising or for promotional or publicity purposes, as determined by the Judges and/or the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Contest entry must be unpublished and must be the work solely of the entrant. Judges will disqualify any Contest entry published in magazines, papers, or any other medium, or entered in other contests. Any Contest entry that contains third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Contest entry. Any Contest entry shall become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. By submitting a Contest entry, entrant represents and warrants that all person(s) depicted or referenced in the submission in any way (including but not limited to the nominee him/herself) have given their express written consent to be referenced or depicted in the submission understanding how the submission may be used as contemplated by these Official Rules. Submission of a Contest entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify the Contest entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Contest entry in any way in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to NASCAR.com and Sponsor’s website, without limitation or compensation to the entrant or any third party (including but not limited to the nominee him/herself) and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Contest entry. Submission of a Contest entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Contest entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property and proprietary rights; and, entrant represents and warrants that he/she shall use his/her best efforts to secure a similar assignment/transfer of rights from nominee to Sponsor, at Sponsor’s request.
Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent for Sponsor and its designees (including but not limited to NASCAR, Inc., NASCAR Digital Media, LLC, and Turner Sports Interactive, Inc.) to use the winning nominee’s name, city and state of residence, voice, signature, statements, Contest entry, biographical information, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without any additional compensation or consideration. Except where prohibited by law, submission of entry by nominator constitutes nominator’s consent for Sponsor and its designees (including but not limited to NASCAR, Inc., NASCAR Digital Media, LLC and Turner Sports Interactive, Inc.) to use nominator’s name, city and state of residence, voice, signature, statements, Contest entry, biographical information, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without any compensation or consideration. Entrants/Nominators/Nominees expressly agree to waive any and all rights to publicity that they have or may have arising out of or relating to the Contest.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
5. Eligibility: This contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and members of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Americas, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Turner Sports Interactive, Inc., Indianapolis Motor Speedway, LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and/or assignees, and each of their respective limited liability and affiliate companies, printers, sponsors, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, with the Sponsor, the “Contest Entities”), NASCAR, Inc., NASCAR Digital Media, LLC and their affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, members, successors, agents and assigns, as well as alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. Previous contest winners are not eligible to win. All federal, state and local laws apply.
6. General Conditions: Entry in the Contest (including nominee’s consent to be the subject of a submission) constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit of one prize (Finalist Prize or Grand Prize) per family, household or address. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Trip winner’s guest must also be 21 years of age or older, sign a liability/publicity release form and must travel on the same itinerary as trip winner. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the major airport nearest winner’s residence. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the prize winners and travel companions. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners and travel companions shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners and/or travel companions from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities, NASCAR, Inc., NASCAR Digital Media, LLC, their affiliates and each of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, members, agents, employees, assigns, trustees, receivers, successors, as well as Facebook and Instagram (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the contest may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winners will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever shall release, waive and discharge the Released Parties as well as Facebook and Instagram from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Contest, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Contest; prize winner’s Contest entry (i.e., the submission discussing prize winner as nominee); use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use, misuse or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim. VIP pre-race tour is subject to the rules and regulations of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, LLC, and/or any applicable sanctioning body. VIP pre-race tour and tickets to the 2016 Brickyard 400® race are subject to the terms and procedures of NASCAR, Inc. and subject to NASCAR, Inc.’s sole discretion. In order to claim prize, additional releases and/or waivers of liability required by Indianapolis Motor Speedway, LLC and/or any applicable sanctioning body shall also be required as appropriate.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion at any time without notice or further obligation.
7. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries (including entries made via mobile website*) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, or incomplete or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by website visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Contest, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING MOBILE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
*If entering via mobile website, wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to enter via mobile website. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
8. Winners’ List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Taylor, 10150 Mallard Creek Road, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28262. All requests for the winners’ list must be postmarked by July 6, 2016 and received by July 13, 2016.
Sponsor: Diageo Americas, Inc., Norwalk, CT.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway, LLC is not a Sponsor of this promotion. Indianapolis Motor Speedway® and the Brickyard 400 logo are registered trademarks and are used with permission.
NASCAR Digital Media, LLC, NASCAR, Inc., and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates are not Sponsors of this promotion. NASCAR.com® and NASCAR® are registered trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. and are used with permission.
CROWN ROYAL Blended Canadian Whisky. 40% Alc/Vol. ©2016 The Crown Royal Company, Norwalk, CT.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.